Thursday, December 22, 2011

Come at me meringue! Come at me!!

Yes! Yesyesyesyes!!! :D I did it! So, tried Julia Childs recipe and messed but yknow in the end there's always youtube. Thank you youtube!http://youtu.be/oJvyeLlv3sw I used this recipe and doubled it. It came out perfectly! You don't need a whisk to aerate or anything! Just a good old fashioned hand beater, some egg whites and a cup of castor sugar (or normal sugar that's been put in the food processor for a minute. Same difference... kind of.. <.<;;). It's baking in the oven now, both fillings for my pastries are done, and I'll be using phyllo dough instead of making my own dough for the cream and berries tarts. Always place a slightly damp towel over your phyllo dough so it doesn't dry up before your done! Now time to clean the kitchen and attempt to look decent for this party. Oh, and finish baking, but that's a given.

No comments:

Post a Comment