Friday, October 28, 2011

Get Off Your Broom! (Week 4)

Ok, I admit I've been off of here for what seems like forever! Luckily, sticking to a do-only-what-you-need-to-do basis has finally pushed me on track school, fitness, and sort of nutrition wise, but, can you blame me? It's almost halloween! The candy's EVERYWHERE! I have to defend myself you know.
Last night I went for my first official jog, and at first I was despising my self for ever setting that alarm. (Will explain later.) After I pressed the play button on my ipod though and actually started to jog I remembered just why I had been so into jogging for about a year and a half in high school. I can't remember what stopped eventually stopped me but, goodness gracious, I am hella glad I started again. I covered a distance of about 1.5 miles walking and jogging, because, well, I'm not all bad-ass, just mostly bad-ass. Luckily just as I made it a few yards from the door I saw my dad who was walking our youngest dog Huck. We seamlessly traded off his leash just as I passed him, catching Huck by complete surprise! Poor guy, he kept looking back the whole way for Dad! When we got home he was so good and patiently sat while I got his pinch collar off but the second he was out of it he sprinted for the sliding glass door to make sure Dad was there. So cute. He's such an adorable little punk. <3 <3
Anyways, what finally got me on track is what gets me on track almost every semester except this semester I had to take it one step further. Normally I make a study and exercise schedule for everyday of the week and am pretty good at sticking to it, but this semester because of a larger work load I set an alarm to remind me of the beginning time for each activity. I felt kind of embarrassed about it at first and I admit that my id is still fighting with the idea of doing anything but sleep, eat, and be entertained, but my super-ego really gets an extra kick out of these alarms! :D If I don't meet an alarm or if I ignore an alarm I end up feeling entirely guilty, woo manipulation! As a result my exercise schedule has changed to better fit my actual schedule and budget.
To make my schedule work I have to wake up at 5 which I've succeeded at! A MAJOR feat for me. I had to kick myself in the ass to get there though. For some reason, despite that I know this about myself, I've been refusing to set the three alarms I know I need. You see, for me to actually develop a waking habit different from my normal one I need to set three alarms. For 5 o' clock I had to set my first alarm at 4 o' clock, because the first one is always the one I hate the most and is always the one I choose to ignore; my second alarm is set at 4:30 so that I don't get a chance to actually fall back asleep, after that alarm goes off I know I won't be able to fall asleep but I know I'm going to try anyways or I'm gonna lay in bed with the excuse that "my cat will get cold!" and accidentally doze off; the third alarm at 5 is my no-turning-back alarm, because there are no more alarms after that and I know if I accidentally fall asleep I'll be in BIG trouble.
At five I get out of bed and do pilates/ core strengthening exercises and sometimes I throw some upper body work outs and yoga in there as well. Every other evening I'm planning to jog what use to be my regular route, which I'm proud to say started yesterday. :)
For my foodie portion of this blog I'm gonna tell you about all the foods I've made this week! On saturday, or maybe it was friday... or sunday?? I think it was Sunday, I made spaghetti with ground turkey meat sauce and it was DELICIOUS! I normally don't like anything made with ground turkey but I suppose the up-side of cooking your own food is that you can make what you don't like taste the way you like. I'll get around to posting that recipe. I'm also hoping that my blogs will soon contain pictures! I just have to master food photography and we'll be in da' business. :) I started to make cinnamon sugar beignets on Saturday only to finish Sunday morning because of a wedding I went to that evening so maybe I'll share that recipe with you as well. Even more exciting than all of this is what I have going on tomorrow though! Halloween Party! Meaning Halloween themed food! I found a recipe for marbled bundt cake that employs all my favorite colours of Halloween, and am planning to make moist honey cupcakes or maybe sugar cookies as well because I really really really want to use my sprinkle stencils! >.< I'm also in charge of making spaghetti sauce for cheese and portobello mushrooms. Yummmm. Oh, and I almost forgot my most exciting inventions for tomorrow. I bought a very cheap drink dispenser from World Market which I'm planning to fill with cranberry juice and (drum roll please!) dry ice! <3 I'm so excited about how this will make the buffet table look! I was also thinking of buying some of their pop-top coloured glass bottles for the soda or whatever else but I thought it might have been a little over the top if I did so, reluctantly, I left them there.
On a completely separate note from any of this, just as I almost reached home this afternoon the most beautiful feather I'd ever seen floated down right in front of my car! I quickly got home and parked just so I could run back to pick it up. :) I feel so blessed to have found this feather! I feel completely unblessed to have this fly invading my space the way it is though. It's been in here bothering me for two whole days! If it were like any normal fly I wouldn't be annoyed but it's running into my face and landing all over me! Why can't it just leave me alone!? Not only that, but it's silent-flyer up until it runs into me. Jerk fly, I'll meditate on you later but I'm letting the world know that I think you're a jerk anyways because no matter what lesson I learn from you you still annoy the hell out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment