Monday, October 31, 2011

Ground Turkey Spaghetti Sauce

Mmm, this was good spaghetti! <3 I'll post the recipe and I'll go back and add the magickal references and actual measurements later. I usually hate ground turkey anything so trust me when I say this stuff tastes more like beef than any turkey.
1 Package Ground turkey
1/2 Medium Yellow Onion
2 Cloves of Garlic
3 Cups Prego, or any other spaghetti sauce, but I usually use prego.
1 Tsp Rosemary
Some oregano might be nice
Salt and Pepper
Maybe a few chili pepper flakes if you want to make it hot
Add chopped onion, minced garlic, the rosemary, salt, pepper, oregano and ground turkey into a skillet and cook it thoroughly. Then add the tomato sauce, and the chili pepper flakes if you want. Let it simmer and reduce a bit so that the juice let off from the onions and turkey doesn't make the sauce runny. Boil some spaghetti or other kind of noodle that you want to add it to and enjoy! Omnomnom. :3
Magickal Reference: This a hearty warm meal that feels indulgent although it's pretty healthy, that in it's self is magick! Garlic and onions are both cleansing and protective, while rosemary and tomatoes increase psychic abilities. If you want to improve certain things add something different to the sauce! Like cilantro to give it a different edge. Tomatoes and pepper are great supporters of circulatory health (though I'm no doctor) and cilantro helps with fertility, coriander, the seed of the cilantro plant is more feminine and also helps with fertility. The fertility I'm talking about isn't the sexually reproductive kind so don't think you're more likely to get pregnant if you eat these things! I just mean fertile as in things that you're working hard for will come to fruit more easily with these things. For instance if you were job hunting, if you charge your sauce with this intent then things have a higher tendency of working out better. I've never worked with turkey before and maybe it's just my inner child that makes me see them this way but turkey sure can lighten up a mood! Unlike chickens I see turkey as more like harvest magick than summer and sun magick. Turkey's are also pretty fierce and passionate, so take that into consideration when you're working with turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment