Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cupcakes

Theses were a huge hit at the Halloween Party! I even bought a black cardboard cupcake stand that really sold the whole look of them. At my local baking crafts store I bought concentrated purple food dye as well as halloween themed cupcake liners. I've always firmly believed  that we eat with our eyes and our noses more than we eat with our mouths. Today, although the party was almost two days ago people are still asking me for more of these spooky cupcakes so I'm really excited to share these with you guys! :D I'll add pictures!!
Ingredients:
1 box of yellow cake mix
1 can of white vanilla icing
Concentrated purple food dye
Black sprinkles
Orange sprinkles
Yellow Sprinkles
Halloween Cupcake liners
Directions: Make the cupcake batter following the directions on the box and preheat the oven. I usually add 10 or 15 degrees to the given temp because I like my cupcakes to have a more round top. They should tell you how much to full for cupcakes but just incase, usually it's half the cupcake liner. So put the liners in and fill them up half way then bake for the time on the box given for cupcakes. One box should make 24 so be prepared to do this again!
Spoon out half of the icing into a bowl and heat it for 8 to 10 seconds in the microwave. The icing should be more liquidy but not watery, if it's water wait till it's solid again to spread it on the cupcake. Add the purple dye till it's purple enough to you and let it cool.
Once the icing is cool and your cupcakes are cool spread the icing on, I did it with a butter knife. Refrigerate the cupcakes before you add sprinkles because sometimes the sprinkles will soak up any moisture and turn the colour of the frosting. That happened to my yellow sprinkles! D: A few months ago I bought halloween themed sprinkle stenenoencils and sometimes ripping out pieces of cupcake! After refrigerating them the whole situation stopped. I guess the icing was just too sticky at room temp!
Magickal reference:
Well, purple has always stood for psychic-stuff so charging your purple icing to impart psychic experiences upon the willing and hopeful for the night will really make your halloween party some great fun. : ) Yellow cake easily represents the sun, and the return to normalcy in the morning, as well as protection from any wayward spirits or ill wishes. Purple's also protective! I forgot about that. Cake is also grounding even when the fluffy and moist kind. <3 The black cupcake liners that I used would have been great grounders for those who might get carried away easily. Sprinkles impart youthful joy and curiosity, especially the yellow ones! The black sprinkles represent mysteries of the night, the crone, secrets, etc. Orange sprinkles represent the harvest, home, and family, as well as twilight.

No comments:

Post a Comment